Protecting your privacy
At Tailor Auntie, we are 100% committed to protecting your privacy and security and will process personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act 2018 and any other applicable privacy laws.
For this website, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for protecting your privacy— is Tailor Auntie.
The information we collect and how we use your information
Tailor Auntie collects your personal data whenever you visit our website, subscribe to our email alerts or contact us. We collect the following personal data:
- Personal Details, such as your name and email address;
- Login Data, such as your username and password;
- Marketing Data, such as your preferences for receiving email alerts;
- Communications Data, includes all communications we have with you whether by email, post or otherwise; and
- Technical Data, such as internet protocol (IP) address, details of your login events, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
Tailor Auntie only processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To create your account;
- To provide email alerts about the regulatory news types you have selected;
- To manage our relationship with you;
- To administer and protect our website and our business; and
- To use data analytics and improve our website for our visitors and subscribers.
Tailor Auntie will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have provided your consent to receive email alerts from us about regulatory news or significant changes to the content of our site.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Sharing your information
Tailor Auntie may share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies in the Tailor Auntie, as sometimes different bits of our group are responsible for different activities; and
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business.
Third Party Links
Your information and countries outside of Europe
Tailor Auntie may transfer personal information that is collected from you to third-party data processors. Please contact us if you would like further information about how we protect your transferred information. Our contact details are at the end of this Policy.
Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you continue to have a Tailor Auntie account to receive email alerts. If you no longer wish to have an account and receive email alerts, you can contact us and request that we close your account. Our contact details are at the end of this Policy.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information, the ones that apply to this Policy are:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do this through your account).
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages or email alerts which you can do through your account.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us. As a starting point, we have one month in which to respond to you. Our contact details are at the end of this Policy.
Changes to how we protect your privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Tailor Auntie website or by email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use Tailor Auntie.
We always want to hear from our subscribers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better). If you:
- Have any questions or feedback about this website or notice
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
Please don’t hesitate to contact us through our CONTACT US page, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.